7/03/2013

Meet the Mentoring Institute's New Summer Intern

Hello! My name is Megan Bridge, and I am the new Communications and Social Media intern for the Mentoring Institute this summer. I am currently in my senior year at the University of Washington in Seattle, where I study English with a minor in Education, Learning, and Society. I grew up in Sunnyvale, and am excited to be back in California and actually feel the sunshine for an extended period of time.

 I just got back from a year abroad in Edinburgh, Scotland, where I had a great time meeting new people and also learned a lot about the culture. I went to a rugby game, saw a lot of kilts, and tried vegetarian haggis that was surprisingly good and I would definitely recommend. I also got to drink coffee in various cafes where JK Rowling wrote the first Harry Potter novel, which was a big deal to a massive Harry Potter fan like myself.

In my spare time, I am an avid reader. I spend a good amount of time at the library, and currently am making my way through A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin. I am also a big fan of the TV show Jeopardy, and tend to do well in trivia categories relating to Shakespeare and pop culture.  In addition, in my spare time I enjoy baking a variety of sweets. I make a pretty delicious chocolate chip cookie, and this summer I have been attempting to find the perfect lemon bar recipe.


I am incredibly excited to be working at Friends for Youth this summer, as I believe the work they do is extremely important and I am glad to be a part of it!

0 comments:

Top Ad 728x90