3/21/2011

Kiwanis Club in San Carlos

I attended a San Carlos Kiwanis Club meeting last Monday, March 14th, to talk about Mentoring with its members. I brought with me former Junior Friend Jeff Day. Jeff was matched in the late 90s, and is currently finishing his undergraduate degree at NDNU in Belmont. Recently he has been helping Friends for Youth out in various capacities. At the Kiwanis Meeting Jeff spoke eloquently about his own experience in the program.


The Kiwanis Club Members were very receptive to Jeff and me. They gave us a mug full of candy as a gift! It is fantastic to meet so many concerned citizens in one place, and I thank the whole Kiwanis organization, and especially Kiwanis San Carlos for supporting community efforts that matter. Special thank you to Senior Friend Betsey Schneider for inviting Jeff and me.

0 comments:

Top Ad 728x90