4/12/2010

A Time to Reflect

April begins our new fiscal year and with it planning for our annual Mentoring Conference, golf tournament and fashion show fundraisers, activities for current Friendships, and recruiting new mentors for the over 70 young people on our waiting list who want to be matched with mentors.  Looking back, we not only met our goals for numbers of young people matched but we also saw the impact of these Friendships. 

One mentee said, "“I can now go out and try new things more often. My social skills with people have now come out. I love to meet new people.”  One mentor said, "The number of activities that were offered makes is so much easier to plan and find activities we’d both like to share. It has been very helpful. Also I like the fact that the staff follows up with and builds a personal relationship with both mentor and mentee."

Making a difference is why we're here.  In addition to our direct service, our Mentoring Conference elicited the following from mentoring professionals: “I’ve been working in the mentoring field for nine years and still learned something today!”  “Very motivational and applicable – I was impressed with the presentation and am encouraged to collaborate more with local agencies.”  “I appreciated the extra resources that were otherwise foreign to me.”

0 comments:

Top Ad 728x90